Tel-A-Care Family Services: Check-In Service
Tel-A-Care Check-In Service
Many of our clients have asked if they could call us, instead of waiting around for a call from our office when they have places to go and things to do. We are happy to accommodate them, so we designed a check-in service to meet their needs.
Tel-A-Care's Check-in service was created for individuals that don’t wish to talk, don’t require reminders, but want the security of checking in and having someone know they are okay. This service enables the client to call, email, or text to leave us a message. Check in numbers are provided when the client or family members signs up for one of our plans. Although this plan is one set price, the client may choose to check in daily, every other day, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. It is entirely up to the client, which call frequency works best for them.
- You let us know what call frequency you desire when you sign up for this plan
- You leave your name and a brief message when calling in
Example: This is Mary Brown and I just wanted to let you know I am fine. Thank you.
- You check in any time it is convenient for you, prior to 5 p.m.
- You have more than one emergency contact listed with Telecare Family Services
- You notify us if you will be away, so your emergency contact is not contacted accidentally
- You set an alarm or leave a note, so you remember to call us before 5 p.m.
- If you forgot to tell us you would be away, leave a message, we check them each morning
Our monitoring personnel verify messages left by these clients as they come into our office. A final check is performed, each day, just before 5 p.m. eastern time. If we have not received a message from a client on our checklist, we make every effort to contact them, usually calling, emailing, and/or texting every half hour until around 8 p.m.
If we cannot reach the client, after several attempts, we will contact the emergency contact.
Our Computer Monitoring Services
At Tel-A-Care, we use computers to record clients that will be away. This way we know that we should not expect a call from them, during the away period, and do not panic your emergency contact(s) by sending them a message or calling them.
Computers are also used to record all contacts with our individual clients, so we can verify our daily services provided to each client. We do not record conversations; just contact time and placement.
A complete list of all contact datse and times can be emailed to the emergency contact, if requested.
Tel-A-Care Family Services
2821 Churchill Line